3rd June 2009: (40 weeks 7 days)
Planned by Prof. Dr. Safa for induction of labour, os still close, no significant uterine contraction noted, no other sign of labour. After discussion, my husband and I finally requested to postpone the induction of labour as the clinical and TAS (transabdominal sonography) finding were uneventful, to reduce the risk of LSCS (lower segment caeserean section). Prof gave time till 6th June as my gestational age will be going to reach 40 weeks 10 days on that particular date.
4th June 2009: (40 weeks 8 days)
I felt uterine contraction 1 in 20 minutes, noted to have show, no leaking liquor. After VE (vaginal examination), os was 1 cm dilated. Prof offered induction of labour again, but she rather adviced for me to wait until there is significant sign of labour. CTG (cardiotocogram) was reactive.
5th June 2009: (40 weeks 9 days)
8.00 am: I felt strong uterine contraction (unsure wether it was a very strong contraction as the pain was so bearable), 2 in 10 minutes. Fetal movement was normal, show (jelly-like blood) was present.
10.00 am: Cervical os 3 cm dilated, still no leaking liquor.
11.30 am: I was admitted to the obstetric ward (the ward located within the labour room compound). ARM (Artificial Rupture of Membrane) was done by Prof. Dr. Safa. The liquor was clear. Post ARM, os dilated to 4 cm. Simultaneously, on oxytocin. (oxytocin made me so much in pain, so I stopped the intravenous drip without anyone noticed for half hour, then no progression of os noted during the second vaginal examination, I’ve changed my mind and wanted the labour process to become faster with Allah’s will, then the oxytocin was on again, please do not do the same thing as what I’ve done..)
2.00 pm: My cervical was fully dilated (10cm). Allah knows my weakness and capability, He gave me rizq and made the dilatation process very fast, Thank You My Lord.
2.15 pm: Finally my baby was delivered via NSVD (normal spontaneous vaginal delivery) by Prof. Dr. Safa assisted by 2 Egyptian staff nurses, again Allah made the process easy, as I pushed only 3 times, the baby easily came out, Praise To Allah The Creator Of All.
- My beloved hubby and mak Keramat helped soooooo much during my critical moment in the ward (no word can be describe how I appreciate them)
- In Madinah, they allow up to 10 days delayed post EDD (Estimated Due Date) for delivery
- Prof. Dr Safa was on leave on 5th June 2009, she rushed to hospital just to entertain my case. She also refused to accept the extra allowance on that particular day, as she treated me as her collegues. (what a wonderful and amazing doctor, I admire her so much, mashaAllah)
- The payment of delivery with all the expenses were around SR1600, alhamdulillah one of the staff give discount up to SR500. May Allah bless him.
- Thank you to all the commentators in my blog, I’ll try to respond slowly as I’m in the confinement period at the moment. Jazakumullahu khair.
SURAH AL-BAQARAH(2) AYAT 128
رَبَّنَا وَاجْعَلْنَا مُسْلِمَيْنِ لَكَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِنَآ أُمَّةً مُّسْلِمَةً لَّكَ وَأَرِنَا مَنَاسِكَنَا وَتُبْ عَلَيْنَآ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ التَّوَّابُ الرَّحِيم
Our Lord! And make us submissive unto You and of our offspring a nation submissive unto You, and show us our Manasik, and accept our repentance. Truly, You are the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful.
Wahai Tuhan kami! Jadikanlah kami berdua: Orang-orang Islam (yang berserah diri) kepadaMu dan jadikanlah daripada keturunan kami: Umat Islam (yang berserah diri) kepadamu dan tunjukkanlah kepada kami syariat dan cara-cara ibadat kami dan terimalah taubat kami, sesungguhnya Engkaulah Maha Penerima taubat, lagi Maha Mengasihani.
Ummu Abdul Bari
22 Jumadul Thani 1430@ 16 Jun 2009