Babies develop at their own pace, so it’s impossible to tell exactly when your child will learn a given skill. The developmental milestones listed below will give you a general idea of the changes you can expect, but don’t be alarmed if your own baby’s development takes a slightly different course. So today, Abdul Bari turns to 1 month 3 weeks old, let see what he has achieved.
- Begins to develop a social smile (He achieved at 1 month 1 week old)
- Enjoys playing with other people and may cry when playing stops (He achieved at 1 month 2 weeks old)
- Becomes more expressive and communicates more with face and body(He achieved at 1 month 2 weeks old)
- Imitates some movements and facial expressions (He achieved at 1 month old)
- Raises head and chest when lying on stomach (He achieved at 3 weeks old)
- Supports upper body with arms when lying on stomach (He achieved at 1 month 3 weeks old)
- Stretches legs out and kicks when lying on stomach or back (He achieved at 3 weeks old)
- Opens and shuts hands (He achieved at 2 weeks old)
- Pushes down on legs when feet are placed on a firm surface (He achieved at 3 weeks old)
- Brings hand to mouth (He achieved at 1 month 2 weeks old)
- Takes swipes at dangling objects with hands (not yet but soon InshaAllah)
- Grasps and shakes hand toys(not yet but soon InshaAllah)
- Watches faces intently (He achieved at 1 month 1 week old)
- Follows moving objects (He achieved at 3 weeks old)
- Recognizes familiar objects and people at a distance (He achieved at 1 month 2 weeks old)
- Starts using hands and eyes in coordination(not yet but soon InshaAllah)
- Smiles at the sound of your voice (He achieved at 1 month old)
- Begins to babble (He achieved at 1 month 2 weeks old)
- Begins to imitate some sounds (He achieved at 1 month 3 weeks old)
- Turns head toward direction of sound (He achieved at 3 weeks old)
Developmental Health Watch
- Alert your child’s doctor or nurse if your child displays any of the following signs of possible developmental delay for this age range.
- Does not seem to respond to loud noises
- Does not notice hands by 2 months
- Does not follow moving objects with eyes by 2 to 3 months
- Does not grasp and hold objects by 3 months
- Does not smile at people by 3 months
- Cannot support head well by 3 months
- Does not reach for and grasp toys by 3 to 4 months
- Does not babble by 3 to 4 months
- Does not bring objects to mouth by 4 months
- Begins babbling, but does not try to imitate any of your sounds by 4 months
- Does not push down with legs when feet are placed on a firm surface by 4 months
- Has trouble moving one or both eyes in all directions
- Crosses eyes most of the time (occasional crossing of the eyes is normal in these first months)
- Does not pay attention to new faces, or seems very frightened by new faces or surroundings
- Experiences a dramatic loss of skills he or she once had
(From CARING FOR YOUR BABY AND YOUNG CHILD: BIRTH TO AGE 5 by Steven Shelov, Robert E. Hannermann, © 1991, 1993, 1998, 2004 by the American Academy of Pediatrics)
Watch our children development closely, dont bother if anyone comparing them with others, AS LONG AS THEY GROW ACCORDINGLY BASE ON THE CORRECT MILESTONE STAGE, ALHAMDULILLAH. But if there is any delay noted, be alert and refer to your nearest doctor.
Taking a little one to nurse, watching him grow to manhood, that’s what love is.
Carol Shields – The Stone Diaries
SURAH AL-BAQARAH(2) AYAT 128
رَبَّنَا وَاجْعَلْنَا مُسْلِمَيْنِ لَكَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِنَآ أُمَّةً مُّسْلِمَةً لَّكَ وَأَرِنَا مَنَاسِكَنَا وَتُبْ عَلَيْنَآ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ التَّوَّابُ الرَّحِيم
Our Lord! And make us submissive unto You and of our offspring a nation submissive unto You, and show us our Manasik, and accept our repentance. Truly, You are the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful.
Wahai Tuhan kami! Jadikanlah kami berdua: Orang-orang Islam (yang berserah diri) kepadaMu dan jadikanlah daripada keturunan kami: Umat Islam (yang berserah diri) kepadamu dan tunjukkanlah kepada kami syariat dan cara-cara ibadat kami dan terimalah taubat kami, sesungguhnya Engkaulah Maha Penerima taubat, lagi Maha Mengasihani.
Dr. Nur Izah Ab. Razak @ Ummu Abdul Bari
6 Sya’aban 1430@ 28 Julai 2009