BrilliantBaby.com Recommendations (2 months old)
- When talking to her, hold her about 10 inches from your face.
- Make sure she is alert with wide eyes open.
- Make your voice as animated and enthusiastic as possible.
- Make funny faces so she can imitate you.
- Make her smile and grin as often as possible.
- Call her name as often as possible.
- Keep talking to her and describe what you are doing
- Avoid background noises so she can focus at one sound at a time
- Use short phrases and sentences and keep repeating them
- Sing or recite a rhyming poem as often as possible
- Avoid shrill loud voices or noises.
- Read to her as often as possible.
- Recognize her early signs of being bored, tired, hunger and sleepiness and stop your learning interactions when these signs start to show
- Physical play is her enjoyment; pat her feet, tickle her belly, count toes and fingers, massage her head
- Play coordinated with animated verbal interactions stimulates her orbitofrontal cortex which is extremely important in the formation of attachment
- Play combined with an enthusiastic voice of the parent is the root of a trusting relationship
- Creating a daily series of shared attentions, physical play, and animated interactions between you and her builds a strong foundation for emotional, cognitive, language, and quantitative development in the future
- Avoid using the television or video at all cost to stop your baby from crying for any activities at all
Social & Emotional Development (2 Months Old)
·Enjoys very much attention from parents
·Smiles more if you smiles to her
·Begins to amuse herself when left alone by looking & tracking objects
·Looks at you while you feed and talk to her
·Makes gazes and little sounds that are directed at adults
Cognitive & Thinking (2 months old)
·Distinguishes between people, voices, & tastes
·Discriminate between female and male voice
·Can distinguish between sequences of disyllables and sequences of trisyllables.
·Detect changes of phonemes better when they occur as part of short sentences than in a lists of words.
·Likes listening to music & song
·Uses the left hemisphere of the brain more for speech discrimination.
·Uses the right hemisphere of the brain more for musical sounds.
·Controls vision more accurately and looks at an object moved in a pattern
·Becomes excited in anticipation such as the sight of the bottle
·Begins to coordinate her senses by turning & looking toward sounds
Language & Communication (2 months old)
·Moves her eyes to search for the source of a sound or noise
·Uses a couple of distinct but meaningless sounds
·Becomes quiet when she is lifted
·Looks at gestures and body language of parents talking to her
·Makes cooing, repetitive vowel sounds when happy
·May develop special vocalization indicating hunger
·Repeats sounds or coos when parent smiles & talks to her
·May demand attention by vocal fussing
·More responsive to mothers facial expression than anybody else
·More inclined to smile at familiar adults than stranger
·Begins hand control
·Opens hand with fingers getting flexible
·Grasp reflex is gone
·Close fingers around an object placed in her palm & bring to face
·Tries but can’t reach accurately for a toy
Motor Activity (2 months old)
·Holds a small toy for a few seconds
·Lifts head off the mattress when on belly position
·Some control over arms & legs
·Neck may support the weight of her head when she is carried
·Can turn her head towards a rattle or light
·May visually follow a moving object
·Has vigorous kicking during bath, a good indication of muscle development
p/s: Tomorrow Abdul Bari will turns to 2 months old. May Allah give him the best guidance in all his life. Every moment of mama’s life now is blessed with Abdul Bari’s love. Watching him grows each second is the most magnificent moment ever in mama’s and baba’s life. Mama is supposed to start working today but rather to postpone it, as mama applied for extra 1 month leave (under Peruntukan Cuti Menjaga Anak). Mama wish, mama can apply longer off period as mama really eager to watch Abdul Bari grows smarter and smarter day by day. May Allah give strenght to mama to leave Abdul Bari when back to work soon..
SURAH AL-BAQARAH(2) AYAT 128
رَبَّنَا وَاجْعَلْنَا مُسْلِمَيْنِ لَكَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِنَآ أُمَّةً مُّسْلِمَةً لَّكَ وَأَرِنَا مَنَاسِكَنَا وَتُبْ عَلَيْنَآ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ التَّوَّابُ الرَّحِيم
Our Lord! And make us submissive unto You and of our offspring a nation submissive unto You, and show us our Manasik, and accept our repentance. Truly, You are the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful.
Wahai Tuhan kami! Jadikanlah kami berdua: Orang-orang Islam (yang berserah diri) kepadaMu dan jadikanlah daripada keturunan kami: Umat Islam (yang berserah diri) kepadamu dan tunjukkanlah kepada kami syariat dan cara-cara ibadat kami dan terimalah taubat kami, sesungguhnya Engkaulah Maha Penerima taubat, lagi Maha Mengasihani
Dr. Nur Izah Ab. Razak@ Ummu Abdul Bari
13 Sya’aban 1430@ 4 Ogos 2009